Sunday, November 4, 2012

Almond chocolate chip cookie-cakes

I was so busy for the past few weeks and haven't updated my blog.  Actually, I went back to school to keep me busy and to learn how to write in English properly lol. As you all read in the news, the subway system had been shut down after hurricane Sandy visited New York. Luckily we live in the highest point so we are fine, but we had no school and no work for the whole week, so I had lots of spare time to play in my kitchen and create some new recipes.

At the beginning, I just wanted to bake some cookies for David, but I found out I had butter milk and almond flour left, and I came up with cookie-cakes. It's kinda new and weird right? If you love to try something new and want to experiment, you will love this one. It's soft, fresh, tasty and yummy.

Ingredients

  • 1 & 3/4 cups all-purpose flour, (sifted)
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2 tablespoon unsalted butter, room temperature
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 3/4 cup butter milk
  • 2 tablespoon almond flour (sifted)
  • 1/4 cup almonds (roughly chopped)
  • 2 - 3 ounces chocolate chips

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
  2. Using an electric mixer, beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg, vanilla; beat until smooth. Add flour mixture alternately with the buttermilk to the mixture until incorporated. Stir in the almonds & chocolate chips.

  3. Heap tablespoons of dough onto two baking sheets, about 1 1/2 inches apart. Bake until puffed and edges are golden, 12 to 15 minutes, rotating sheets once during baking. Immediately transfer cookies to wire racks, and cool completely.



No comments:

Post a Comment