Here is the recipe for you to try:
(Adapted from alot of recipes and i made some adjustments to my tastes :)
Serving: 8 people
- 1 1/2 cups (chocolate) graham cracker (or chocolate cookie) crumbs
- 2 tbsp sugar (optional)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- half a stick butter, melted
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese (room temperature) (normally they use 3 - 4 packages cream cheese)
- 1 1/4 cups organic sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour & 1 tbsp of corn starch
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (or half and half)
- 4 ounces dark chocolate
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a food processor, pulse cookies until finely ground then transfer in a large bowl, mix together the cookie crumbs, and 1/3 cup cocoa. Add melted butter and stir until well mixed. Pat into the bottom of a 9-inch well-greased springform pan. Bake in preheated oven for 6 minutes. Let it cool in the refrigerator.
2. In a food processor (or you can use stand mixer/handmixer) add cream cheese, sugar, and salt; blend until smooth. With motor running, add eggs one at a time, then sour cream, flour and finally chocolate; blend filling until smooth, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Pour filling over baked crust.
With a knife, loosen cake from rim of pan. Let cool, then remove the rim of pan. Chill for at least 4 hours before serving.
To prepare chocolate ganache: In a small saucepan, bring cream to a boil. Remove from heat, and add chocolate. Stir until melted, then set aside until thickened, 2 to 5 minutes. Pour over the top of the cheesecake, and sprinkle with chocolate chips or chocolate shavings if you’d like.